LGBTQ Educational Training and Professional Development
Our Family Coalition and ONE Archives Foundation provide many capacity and skill-building opportunities so you can continue to effectively contribute to the creation of a more inclusive world for LGBTQ families. Learn how to become a community leader for positive change through one of our ongoing trainings.
Together, we provide support and resources on LGBTQ-history content as well as pedagogy and strategies for teaching it in the classroom. Come learn about:
- LGBTQ History: Teaching the New California History and Social Science Framework
- LGBTQ-Focused Education Law and Policy: Understanding Obligations and Protections
- Implementing LGBTQ History: From Policy to Practice in your Region
In addition, Our Family Coalition can provide the following trainings to help create a better environment for LGBTQ youth and families:
- Family Diversity: The Early Childhood Classroom and Making All Families Visible
- Gender Inclusion: What is a Gender Spectrum and How Do I Reduce Gender Bias?
- Transgender and Non-Binary Students: How to Create Inclusive Spaces for All Genders
- Anti-Bullying & Social Emotional Learning: A Welcoming Schools Approach
- Family and School Advocacy: Building Coalitions for Sustainable Change
Find upcoming trainings and workshops in our current event calendar. Don’t see a topic that you’d like to learn more about? Contact us to suggest a workshop facilitator or topic below.
Reach out to us to schedule or inquire about
trainings and professional development:
The staff at Our Family Coalition Education and ONE Archives Foundation have decades of experience providing trainings and professional development opportunities to child-serving professionals, educators, school staff, parents, and caregivers in issues of family and gender diversity and creating safe learning spaces for all students in addition to LGBTQ-inclusive history and social science.
Please contact us below, to schedule LGBTQ History inclusive trainings and professional development for your organization. You may also include any questions you have about the 2011 FAIR Education Act, the lesson plans, textbook evaluation tools, and implementation. Thanks in advance, and we’ll be talking with you soon!